3D Printer Not Included
This enclosure is for the CR-10S4. It does not fit any of the other CR-10 models such as the CR-10S5, CRX, etc. Please see the product listing for other CR-10 models.
The CR-10/CR-10 S4 (400x400x400mm) is a very large printer for the money, but it lacks one of the things that separates a good printer from a great printer: an enclosure. This design is substantially different from the regular CR-10. Because the S4 is much deeper, accessing the bed through the front alone no longer made sense. Instead, there's now a second door on the left side so you can easily change filament or even tinker with the configuration without removing the enclosure.
Many of the pictures are rendered directly from the CAD program, and so have a Pixar-like computer quality, with nice lighting, perfect reflections, etc.
Adding a 3D•Upfitters enclosure provides many benefits:
- More flexibility to print different types of filaments, including ABS
- Better quality prints because the ambient temperature is controlled
- Fume filter to reduce smell or vent to the outside (sold separately)
- Quieter prints
- Sturdy, thick, high-grade acrylic doors that allow easy access to the printer bed
One unique feature of this enclosure it avoids the side slit most DIY enclosures have. While a slit is easy to design, the volume of the CR-10 is so large it can't maintain temperatures when there's a top-to-bottom hole in one side. Instead, there is a custom-designed filament guide that gently redirects filament from the optional top-mount spool holder, optionally through the runout sensor included with the CR-10S, and into the extruder.
Because of the large size of the enclosure and the printer, getting the full vertical range and flexibility in control box placement will require purchase of cable extenders. These are easily available on eBay and Amazon.
- Outside dimensions 36" (Deep), 25" (Wide), 26" (Tall). Shipping Weight: 18 lbs
- Fits the CR-10 S4 with a build size of 400x400x400mm.
- 6mm acrylic front panel with frame, doors, injection-molded hinges, magnetic latch, custom-designed latch mount in ABS, steel strike plates, and matching screws.
- 3mm acrylic sides, top, and bottom with access ports for cables and filament.
- 5V 80x80mm fan. (3D print a cover if you don't want to vent.)
There is no bottom. The enclosure is designed to sit on a flat surface that acts as a bottom.
- Custom-designed filament guide to make sure the filament is directly smoothly from the top-mounted filament holder to the extruder.
- 140 screws, nuts, bolts, all connectors and miscellaneous parts needed to build the basic enclosure.
Add-ons Sold Separately
- Upgrade to an active charcoal filter and fan to reduce fumes.
- Upgrade the plastic knob to knurled steel.
- Acrylic spool holder
Put your logo on the front or sides!
- The outside venting system will send potentially dangerous and definitely odorous fumes outside. We supply the fan and 4" dryer hose adapter, you get the rest of the parts from your local hardware store.
- Interior LEDs (as pictured in the wood & acrylic version renderings) will make it easier to see prints inside the wood version.
- Temperature gauge
- Want something different? Request a custom modification.
Stuck? You may be desperate enough to finally read the manual.