Qidi 3D printer is not included in this kit.
Qidi has staked out a solid market niche in 3D printing delivering near-production quality printers at consumer prices. While the enclosed design makes it a solid choice for people wanting to print temperature sensitive materials like ABS or nylon, we've been contacted by people who are particularly worried about air quality to design an extra layer of air filtration.
Hose Adapter shown the picture is sold separately.
This enclosure was designed for an enhanced level of air flow, with large vents in the front that carry air away from the operator and towards a side mounted air vent in back. The large double doors in front make it easy to access the top of the printer to change filament or interact with the display/controller.
The all 6mm version is shown in the pictures, but the default 6mm front, 3mm side version will work fine for most use cases.
How it's Built
All of the plastic parts are 3D printed in ABS to withstand the heat from the enclosure. The panels are cut on a US-made industrial laser and then flat-packed for your assembly. All you need for assembly is just a hex wrench and a small Phillips head screwdriver. (not included.)
|6mm Front, 3mm Sides
||The most popular model has a 6mm front and 3mm sides. The thicker front is a big improvement for the door. This configuration works great for customers who expect more heavy use such as libraries or schools.
|6mm Front and Top, 3mm Sides
||If you want to use 3Kg+ spools on top of the enclosure then the 6mm top upgrade is a good idea. This is the configuration we use in our print farm and it works great.
||If you want to gain a couple of degrees of heat retention or intend to move your enclosure around a lot you can't go wrong with the 6mm all-around option.
- X-Plus Enclosure Dimensions: 28" (Deep), 28" (Wide), 30" (Tall), 13 lbs.
- X-Pro Enclosure Dimensions: 26" (Deep), 30" (Wide), 26" (Tall), 15 lbs.
- Fits the standard Qidi X-Plus and X-Pro 3D printer
- Acrylic front panel with frame, doors, injection-molded hinges, magnetic latch, custom-designed latch mount in ABS, steel strike plates, and matching screws.
- Acrylic sides and top with access ports for cables and filament.
There is no bottom. The enclosure is designed to sit on a flat surface that acts as a bottom.
- 80x80mm 12.6 CFM USB-powered fan. 3D print a cover if you don't wish to vent. (USB power supply not included.)
- One hundred forty screws, nuts, bolts, hinges, and miscellaneous parts.